12/11/2013

I"M BACK

      For those of you wondering my absence from updating this blog, I wasnt cooking anything special for last few months. I never knew a bereavement in the family could affect me so much. My dear father in law passed away in June. He was a foodalcoholic. Anything I made always was appreciated by him. his knowledge of food was amazing. Although in my 15 years of married life I have never seen him cook, he always surprised me with his detailed knowledge of food. He was so well travelled and knew where to find the best food in any place. The one thing that always impressed me was however bad the food he always praised it and the person who cooked it.
       His last few days were full of suffering but I just pray that He's resting and looking down on us with pride and blessings.
       Finally, I decided to get out of my depression. I hadn't cooked anything for my kids since then and my kids love the cakes and cookies I make. I started my journey back with a delicious olive oil cake from one of Nigella's show on TLC. More on that tomorrow. So, see you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment